Data Protection and Privacy Law
Our Data Protection and Privacy Law Department specialises in all aspects of Data Protection and Privacy Laws and Regulations. It has experience across various business areas, sectors, and industries.
Our areas of specialisation include:
- Drafting relevant data protection policies for your organisation and updating commercial contracts to ensure compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”);
- Conducting POPIA Impact and Risk Assessments within your organisation and drafting POPIA recommendation reports to assist your organisation with mitigating data protection risks your corporation may face and compliance with POPIA;
- Drafting a POPIA and Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) manual for your organisation;
- Providing POPIA training, including presentations and POPIA workshops for your organisation;
- Registering an information officer and deputy information officer appointed by you with the Information Regulator;
- Assisting you in dealing with complaints referred to the Information Regulator; and
- Data Privacy and POPIA Litigation.