Waheeda was admitted as an attorney in 2003 and specialises in all aspects of Intellectual Property law and related matters, with specific focus on:
• Trade mark registrations and enforcement (local and foreign);
• Maintenance of local and foreign trade marks;
• General trade mark and Intellectual Property portfolio management;
• Intellectual Property transactional work;
• Intellectual Property disputes;
• Unfair competition and passing off;
• Commercial aspects and agreements relating to Intellectual Property;
• Domain name disputes;
• Company name disputes;
• Advertising Regulatory Board advice and disputes;
• Copyright advice and disputes;
• Design and patent law;
• Strategic brand advice and management.
She acts for clients with varying business activities operating across industries such as pharmaceuticals, animal health, transport, municipalities, media, telecommunications, finance, IT, fresh produce, construction, cosmetics, consumer products, clothing, footwear, foods, and beverages.
Waheeda manages numerous trade mark portfolios for local and multi-national clients and is responsible for many well-known brands.
B.SOC.SCI (University of Cape Town) (1996)
LLB (University of Cape Town) (1999)
Membership of Professional Bodies
South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law
International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
Intellectual Property Law Committee of the Law Society of South Africa