Julia was admitted as an attorney in 2010 and specialises in insurance law, medical and health law, and commercial litigation, with specific focus on:
• Medical Negligence;
• Risk assessments and risk management;
• Investigating and representing professionals at inquests and professional enquiries;
• Professional and Public Liability;
• Regulatory and compliance advice in the healthcare sector including licensing;
• Medical contractual and constitutional issues.
She has acted for insurers and reinsurers (both locally and internationally) and policyholders across all lines of insurance and reinsurance.
She also acts for private and public healthcare groups in South Africa and internationally as well as pharmaceutical retailers.
BA (English Literature & Law) (University of Cape Town) (2005)
LLB (University of Cape Town) (2007)
Certificate in Medical Law (University of Pretoria) (2010)
LLM in Medical Law and Ethics (Distinction) (University of Edinburgh) (2013)
Membership of Professional Bodies
World Medical Law Association
Insurance Institute of the Western Cape